1955 Twin Speaker Supreme
In 1955, for only 1 year, Valco made a 12 watt amp using twin Rola oval speakers. Since developing our own 6" x 9" oval speakers, it seemed like a natural to bring this amp back. So we did, but as much as we loved the Twin, I always thought we could do a bit better with it. As we were developing the Twin Supreme Reverb, we made a number of changes with that amp that would suit well with the standard Twin. I love the breakup and overdrive of this amp, and didn't want to change that, but what if it had more clean headroom also? Extra wattage and volume were needed, so that's what it got. ALOT more volume, with the extra cleans to go along with it. This delivers crisp highs to booming lows and everything in between. Frankly, we were absolutely amazed how full and fat this amp sounds. Out of 6 x 9's? You have to hear it to believe it. All hand wired octal tube circuitry. Aged lacquered tweed with tolex circling the cabinet just as the original, separated with beading, covers our finger joined baltic birch cabinet. An incredibly versitile amp for both harp and guitar.
* 22 watt class AB push pull circuit.
* Cathode biased - No biasing required!
* GZ34 rectifier, 6SL7 inverter, 6SQ7 NOS metal jacketed preamp and 2 - 5881 power tubes.
* 2 times 6" x 9" Vintage 47 speakers.
* Interactive volume and tone controls for feedback and overdrive control.
* Finger jointed baltic birch cabinet construction.
* Point to point hand wired circuit.
* 15" tall x 15.5" wide x 8" deep weighing in at 26 Lbs.
Price $995.00 plus $50.00 shipping to the lower 48 states, $100.00 to Canada, $125.00 to the UK or Europe, ans $195.00 to Austrailia.
Check out Michael Shuler trying out the new Twin Supreme
US lower 48 states 110V version
Canada 110V version
UK 240V version
Europe 240V version
Austrailia 240V version
Brad Harrison demo's the Twin Supreme
Robert Sarzo proving that the Twin Supreme makes a great Rock & Roll amp. too.
Add a Canvas Cover only $50.00